Tuesday 31 December 2013

So Long, 2013.

This has been a year full to the brim for me.  I've travelled a lot, back and forth between England and America, been to my very first wedding and celebrated my first American Christmas.  I've adapted to a new way of life, had a million cat-snuggles and got my very first tattoo.  I listened to so much music, went to one of the best Coheed shows of my life and, probably the best thing, I've learned a lot about myself.

I'm an introvert (I've got a post lined up about this later) but I've learned that I can meet new people, I can make friends and be social.  I can interact with people I don't know in a place that I'm not familiar with and I fully intend to continue on with this next year, hopefully getting even more involved with my new home.

I'm thrilled that I've managed to accomplish so many of the goals I set for myself, too.  I made my list fun, with things that I knew I'd really want to do, so it wasn't hard to cross so many off.  There were some that I didn't quite manage (knitting a sweater...oops) but I'm spurred on by my success this year to achieve even more.

Tonight, S and I are ringing in the new year with a couple of our friends on their rooftop.  There will be good food, sparkly drinks and a whole lot of fun and awesome company.  I'm so excited to see what 2014 will bring, for me and S, our families and our friends.

How are you celebrating tonight?  I hope whatever you do, you have lots of fun, you smile often and that 2014 brings you everything you hope for and more.

Love, K.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm glad that you had such a great 2013! Jam-packed with adventure (even by extrovert standards, probably, as if I'd know haha)!

    Hope your 2014 is just as wonderful and offers you all sorts of opportunities for fun!

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! It's been a pretty wild ride so I'm hoping 2014 will be a little less back and forth, a little more settled and a whole bunch of fun ^_^

      Delete
  2. You've been busy! So glad to have "met" you this (well, now it's last) year!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure been a busy one! I'm glad that we "met" too, here's to a great 2014 full of lots of awesome stuff!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!