Friday 3 January 2014

It's Friday! #7


This was the view from my kitchen window last night.  The howling wind made the fine, powdery snow pile up into deep drifts and stick to everything, even the windows.


It looked so pretty coming down, especially when the wind gusted and blew the loose snow into the air, making it dense and difficult to see outside.  It carried on all night, the worst of it being between midnight and 4 a.m.


This is what we woke up to this morning.  Look at that snow!  I've never seen snow this deep before, at least not that I can remember.  The weather forecast said we were likely to get between 6-9 inches and I think we probably did.  Everything looks so lovely but I know that snow this deep is going to cause problems for a few days.  S had to go out to work this afternoon, promising to drive safe and be careful.  I worry.


No sitting down outside today!  Thank goodness the storm warning is over for now but we're looking at some more snow on Tuesday, potentially.  I hear that it's going to get warmer over the weekend so fingers crossed this snow doesn't cause too many problems.

How's the weather where you are?  Are you bundled up in the cold or basking in warmer temperatures?

Love, K.

10 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these kinds of posts from you! We get snow galore around here every year, last year we broke records with getting over 6.5 feet of snow over the course of the winter. So snow can sometimes become hum drum and mundane around here, though I do love the first snowfall! But when I read about your first few experiences with real snow it makes me remember it's really quite pretty and fun when you're stuck out in the middle of it like I was today, oy!

    Have fun in the snow and be careful on the roads!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J!
      I can't believe you had so much snow last winter! It's such a new experience for me, to walk through snow that makes my boots disappear and have so much fall in one night that I wake up to a sparkling white wonderland. I hope that this snow is sticky enough for me to make a snowman!

      Delete
    2. If it warms up and is sunny then the snow will get sticky enough for a snowman! Though I am all about the snowball fights myself!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! We got hit over here in Pittsburgh as well, but not quite THAT badly (maybe 5 or so inches?). Be careful on Tuesday! I hear it's going to be ridiculously cold! D: I had to have my boyfriend drive me to work because I'm not accustomed to driving in more than a dusting of snow....

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure will be bundling up and keeping warm while the weather is cold! The weather forecast said it was going to warm up but then drastically drop in temp, so much so we might even have a thunderstorm! Yikes! Keep warm and stay safe!

      Delete
  3. We are tanked in snow, too! Illinois always gets a ton of snow it seems like. Hope you're keeping warm and drinking something warm! Happy New Year! I just came across your blog and followed you. Hope to see you over on my blog, too!

    love, polly :)
    www.pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing my best to keep warm by snuggling up with S and wearing lots of layers! Happy New Year to you too! I'll definitely be hopping over to your blog to have a gander ^_^

      Delete
  4. Great photos! Brr looks cold. Here in Vancouver, Canada there's no snow, just rain... every day for weeks. And no sun. But soon spring will be here... :)

    Michelle @ PermanentDaydream.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been absolutely freezing! I can't wait for spring to get here already! All that snow has vanished now and it's gotten very rainy and grey. Fingers crossed for some sunshine soon!

      Delete
  5. photo 2 looks like a frame from an animation !

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!