Sunday 5 January 2014

Goals For 2014.

Writing a list of goals for the coming year is one of my favourite things to do.  I love how the start of a year is like a clean slate, a new beginning full of possibilities and ways to achieve great things.  When I write my list, I like to look back at things I've succeeded in over the past few years and also to spice it up with some new things so it doesn't get monotonous and repetitive.

I love my list for 2014.  I'm going to immerse myself in books and recipes, see more of the world and be creative.  I'm going to take care of my body, make it better and stronger and appreciate the time I get to spend with S when he isn't working.  I hope that this year will be one where I can look back and say 'Wow, I really achieved everything I set out to!'.  Wouldn't that be an incredible feeling?

For Christmas 2012, my parents bought me this great little Line A Day diary, which lasts for five whole years.  I'm so proud to say that I wrote in it every single day of 2013 and I plan to do the same for this year.  It's already been nice to look back and remember what I was doing this time last year and see how much things have changed in my life.  S and I have also set ourselves a little joint goal, in the form of a five-year Q & A a day journal.  We each get two lines to answer the question asked on each day, which has been so much fun already and is something we do before going to sleep.


You can see how much wear my personal journal has had over the past year!  I've written diaries and kept journals for as long as I can remember and I don't think I'll ever stop.  It's exciting to think that this year S and I will be keeping a journal together, something we can look back on as we embark on our first year properly together.

Do you keep a journal?  I've seen so many amazing resolutions posts over the last few days that I couldn't resist putting mine up now.  Good luck to everyone who has made goals for 2014 - let's inspire each other to keep going and achieve them all!

Love, K.

12 comments:

  1. Have always wanted to do a line a day journal and that 5 year Q&A book sounds so fun! Same questions to answer each day of the year for 5 years or different questions every year?

    Hope you get to reach all of your goals this year!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The line a day journal is so easy to keep up with since you only have to write a tiny amount from your day (and I always end up writing the highlights!) The Q&A book is the same question every day for all of the years, but I'm excited to see how different our answers will be as we fill the book up ^_^

      Delete
  2. Dang! I take my hat off to you for writing in your journal everyday! I've never been able to keep up with it, myself. I always set out to, and just never follow up (I can't be the only one who has, like, 15 mostly blank journals in their possession!).

    Good luck with your endeavors this year! If you find any good recipes, you should post tutorials for us! :D

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I've got a ton of journals with empty pages! Last year was the first time I've ever written for a whole year, simply because the journal was so easy to write in.

      If I find things that are extra delicious, I'll be sure to share them here ^_^

      Delete
  3. ah, i love making goals for the new year. this journal sounds great, i'd love to do a project like this for this year!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun to be able to look back and see what was going on a year ago ^_^ and since it's only a few lines, I find it super easy to jot down my thoughts from the day just before I go to bed, just taking five minutes to reflect and record.

      Delete
  4. Such a great goal for writing in a journal every single day and continuing to do so.. :) I hope for lots of creativity and imagination this year- :)

    PS love the pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creativity and imagination are great things to hope for and to work towards ^_^ Thank you for your comment! I don't have pink hair at the moment but I'm hoping to dye it an interesting colour very soon!

      Delete
  5. I keep a journal. It's full of photos, magazine clipping and glitter everywhere. I have always kept a journal since I was a teenager. I find it helps me be creative and get things off my chest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my journals. With my five-year journal, I like to tuck things between the pages so I can rediscover them on my next go through ^_^ Glitter makes everything better.

      Delete
  6. I've seen a journal like this before, I love it! Defintely would like to get myself one. c:
    So much changes in just a year it's crazy. To look back and see how much you've changed is amazing. Well, for the most part. XD

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing to be able to look back and see what you were doing and how some things are so different ^_^ It's always nice when it's in a good way too!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!