Sunday 2 February 2014

Super Skin Sunday.

Sometimes, you just need a little bit of pampering.  Over the last couple of days, I've been feeling a bit under-the-weather and this meant that I wasn't able to go visit my friends for their Superbowl party today.  I woke up thinking I'd spend my day buried under blankets and feeling sorry for myself, when I thought that a bit of TLC would cheer me up and help me relax.

First stop - no pamper is complete without a shiny lick of nail polish!  I'm not normally a hot pink kind of girl, but every time I look at my nails it makes me smile.


Then, after a lovely hot shower (how I wish we had a tub I could soak in!) I decided I'd give myself a real treat and use a peel-off face mask.


I love the peel-off masks, they're so much less messy than other masks I've used (like the clay ones) and I always have a little giggle when it gets difficult to move my mouth as it dries!  Using a face mask also ties in with my goal to take good care of my skin this year and after I'd peeled it off, my skin felt amazing.  I have real combination skin on my face and sometimes it gets so dry, especially when I've been going from a cold outside to a hot inside.  My skin was silky smooth and felt refreshed and lovely.


And here's my creepy peeled-off face!  I'm pretty sure I get bonus points for pulling the whole thing off in one piece.  The only thing I don't love about these masks is when I accidentally get it on my eyebrows and have an impromptu eyebrow wax, ouch.

Having a little pamper day really did perk me up and I'm hoping I'll be feeling a-okay when I wake up in the morning.  Tonight, I'll be watching the football (I kinda have to, it's my first Superbowl in America!) from the comfort of my sofa, covered in blankets and drinking lots of orange tea.


Are you having a Superbowl party?  Just taking it easy this evening?  I hope whatever you're up to, you've had a wonderful weekend and you're ending it spectacularly!

Love, K.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shade!

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so important to cherish ourselves with a little pamper evening! Gorgeous nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We absolutely need to treat ourselves to a little TLC every so often ^_^ Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  3. We didn't watch the Superbowl but had a fun night with friends Sunday anyways. Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel better, thank you! Glad to hear you had a lovely night with your buddies ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!