Monday 3 February 2014

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?

Yes, yes, I know.  I totally bought into the 'Frozen' cliché!  But the truth is, with all the snow we've had in recent weeks (the inches and feet of it!) the one thing I really did want to do was build a snowman!  The feathery fine snow was a nuisance more than anything; it covered the roads in a sheet of powder which turned to ice, it blew around with every gust making it difficult to see and shovelling it was no laughing matter.

When I found out that it was due to snow again, my heart sank.  More snow, really?  Then I found out it was wet snow and something in my brain went Hey...You can make snowmen out of wet snow and, I admit, my inner child did a giddy little dance.  After all, what's the point of snow if you can't build a snowman?

All these inches of wet snow are a pain, don't get me wrong.  Shovelling the driveway was a nightmare earlier, trying to clear a path for S to get to work (he's such a trooper!) and my arms ached once we had finished.  Not that it mattered too much, within an hour all the space we'd cleared was covered once more in a dusting of the white stuff.  Still, out of all the snowfalls we've had, I don't think any of them have been this pretty.



Everything outside looks like a wintery wonderland, as if each scene had been snapped for the front of a greetings card.  And with it covering every available surface, there was more than enough for me to solo it and build my very own little snowman on our deck.


He's smiling, honest!  And yes, that is a beer bottle cap for a nose.  I'm currently out of carrots.

I happily pranced (yes, pranced!) around in the snow for about 20 minutes, building my little snowman (his name is Jeff, I've decided) and having a lovely time.  I'm lucky, I don't have to make a trip to work in this weather, so I'm able to really enjoy this sticky snowfall and make the most of it.  S is off tomorrow, so I'm tempted to get him to build a snowman with me...and maybe have a little snowball battle while we're at it!

Is it (still) snowing where you are?  I hope that you're enjoying it and that above all, you're staying safe while it's treacherous out.  Take care for the week ahead and wrap up warm!

Love, K.

6 comments:

  1. Jeff is a cutie! You'll have to build him a girlfriend! Also I don't know if I have ever seen a snowman so well dressed ; ) Enjoy your fun in the snow and be careful shovelling it, wet snow is definitely the heaviest and you don't want to throw your back out lifting it up onto the snowbanks that must be lining your driveway!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The only thing I could find was a super long pashmina to drape over him so he looks a little bit fabulous ^_^ I have been super careful with that heavy snow, and I'm going to have to be even more careful with the terrible weather coming tomorrow! Yikes!

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous that you have snow. I've never seen snow and it's the middle of summer here in Australia. Your snowman is so rad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd happily send some your way if I could! Rumour is we might be getting another foot of it over the weekend -_- Roll on spring weather!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha.... I love it! I saw a huge snow penis about a month ago and someone had wrapped a strand of xmas lights around the shaft of it.... oh, college towns :)

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen plenty of snowmen in our town but no snow penis as of yet! Lucky you ;) Hope the snow isn't causing you too much hassle!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!