Wednesday 26 February 2014

Meet Pearl.


It's been pretty quiet on my blog for the last week or so, and for very good reason.  S and I welcomed this lovely little lady into our home last Thursday and we've been getting to know and love her ever since.

Pearl is a miniature poodle, which means she won't be a huge dog when she's fully grown.  This is perfect for us, since we live in an apartment and will most likely continue with apartment living once we leave this place.  She's wonderfully fluffy, has the sweetest nature and she's a bundle of energy.  She loves to give kisses, adores a good belly rub and is the cuddliest pup I've ever met.

Sleepy puppy

I've never had a dog before and I've always been more of a cat person.  Pearl has been a revelation to me; I knew that a pooch would be a wonderful companion but that they required much more attention than a cat and I wasn't entirely sure I'd be able to lavish such attention.  I'm so pleased to discover that Pearl is amazingly easy to be with, to interact with and to entertain.  It's also lovely to not spend time on my own any more, when S is off at work I've got the most wonderful company I could hope for.

Tiny teeth

I can't get over how cute she is.  The way she bounces along when she's chasing her toys, the stretch that says 'Now rub my tummy please, Mumma', the waking up to a little nose pressing against my cheek.  She's lovely in every way and I feel very lucky to be able to call her ours.

I'm excited for this adventure with her.  I know it's going to be just amazing and we're only getting started.  So be prepared for many puppy posts in the future!  And for lots of other posts, too!

I hope you're having a wonderful week so far and that you're looking forward to your weekend ahead!

Love, K.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on Pearl! She looks super sweet! We're not allowed to have cats or dogs, or much of anything really, in our apartment but that's alright as I just don't think we'd have the time to give them the proper love they deserve. Nice that you'll always have company now!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a doll and never far from my side, it's such a joy to have her ^_^ Seeing that I dont work I have all the time in the world to lavish on her, and we're lucky we can have a pup here. I just hope it won't be a problem for us to find somewhere just as accommodating when we move out!

      Delete
  2. Such a cutie! I really want to get a dog, but I have to wait until we move again, since our landlord said definitely no dogs. Renting sucks sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't she adorable ^_^ It's really tough finding somewhere that'll allow pets and we were really lucky that our landlord was happy for us to get a dog. I just hope we have the same luck when we finally move!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new family member! Poodles are such smart dogs and are great pets! :D And she looks like a real sweetheart too!

    I've been thinking about getting a dog, but since my boyfriend is allergic and has never cared for a dog before, I don't think it'll be anytime soon.

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is super smart (maybe too smart, we'll soon find out!) and she's such a softy, she sure does love to cuddle! One really great thing about poodles is that they're hypoallergenic so maybe your boyfriend might not be allergic to a pup with hair and not fur? I'm loving every minute with her, it already feels weird to think about her not being a part of our family ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!