Monday 6 April 2015

There's Something About Being In The Kitchen.

Guaranteed, cooking or baking will always put me in a good mood. It doesn't matter if it's an elaborate, delicate recipe for croissants which takes three days or a box mix for muffins, working with food gives me a real boost. I think it's partly the little bit of creativity I get to undertake and partly (well, mostly) the delicious end product. Who doesn't love something freshly baked?


This last week, I've found myself in the kitchen a little more frequently. It's been refreshing, something I didn't realise I'd been missing so much. Since S is often working late, I don't tend to make a huge deal out of dinner, but the little effort of preparing something scrumptious is well worth it.


Being able to take the time to cook has also highlighted how much baby V has changed in the last few weeks. She's clearly so much more comfortable here. I bring her swinging chair into the kitchen with me and she's content to sit, either watching me or playing with her toys. She doesn't need to constantly be in my arms, which is nice for both of us.


I'm really hoping that I'll be able to continue on with my culinary fun. I know I'm enjoying it and I'm pretty sure S likes tucking into my creations. If I do keep it up though, I think there might be some serious exercise in our future!


Have you been making anything delicious lately? I hope you had a lovely weekend!

Love, K.

4 comments:

  1. I've been super slack on the baking front lately, I still have a load of apples from last year that I need to bake into pies! It's hard when there's only me that eats a lot of sweet stuff, Joe isn't a big cake fan so I have to try and not eat an entire cake to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling - S likes the occasional sweet but if I make a load of cupcakes, I'll end up eating most of them! I really need to figure out how to make smaller batches, there must be a way.

      Delete
  2. I miss the kitchen! Since being on this elimination diet, I've realized how much I love creating new things. It's been hard to make the same thing every day, so I'm excited to be branching out more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so awesome that the elimination helped your bub - truly a super mama! It must be lovely to be able to have a little more selection and a challenge to be creative with your food :) you're kicking butt at it!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!