Monday 20 April 2015

Ordinary Days.

We've found ourselves in a routine lately and it's one that I enjoy. It varies a little day by day but mostly it's the same. Being new parents and being a stay-at-home mum, this predictability is really quite comforting for me. It makes the different days more exciting and it keeps us settled, content. I thought I'd share what a typical, ordinary day looks like for us.

Baby V likes to wake up for First Breakfast somewhere between 7 and 8 in the morning. After that, she'll head back to sleep for an hour or so before being ready to start the day. S always gets up earlier than me, so sometimes he'll take her for some daddy-daughter time while I catch up on sleep. Otherwise she gets to come and snuggle with me in bed, along with a very snuffly Pearl.



After a coffee and V's Second Breakfast (usually fruit and oatmeal), it's time to take the pooch out for a stroll. We recently all started walking together now that the weather is so nice. It's good for us all to get some fresh air.


Usually it's time for S and I to grab breakfast, but on this particular day we thought we'd stop off at our local park to give V her first push on the swings. She thwarted our plan by falling asleep on the walk, so we decided to have a swing for ourselves anyway! I haven't been on a swing in years and it was tons of fun!


S most often works in the evening, so after some breakfast/lunch/brunch, he'll spend some time with V before he heads off.


Once we've said our 'see you later', it's just the girls and I. V will usually settle down for a nap around half one, which gives me some time to do some reading, catch up on a bit of tv or sneak in a little nap myself.


When V has woken up, she's always in the mood to play, so we get a good chunk of fun and giggles in before dinner.


She's such a goof. After her dinner on this day, I decided to dunk her in the bath. She'd managed to get banana everywhere and was being a grump, so I knew a good splash in the tub would cheer her up and settle her down a bit too.


Our evenings generally consist of food, cuddles and me taking a thousand pictures of V. I fold some laundry, write a to-do list for the next week or get the dishes done while V plays in her bouncy chair.


She tends to knock out for the night at around 10pm and it's always in the half an hour before sleep that V is the most cuddly, snuggly and smiley. It's one of my favourite parts of the day and it makes me happy to know that she's always happy when she settles down to sleep. 

I usually wait for S to get home before we head to bed, just so we can have a catch-up and make any plans we need to. Then we'll get into bed, say goodnight and wake up ready to do the whole thing over again!

That is, pretty much, the blueprint for us right now. Sometimes the days are punctuated with trips to the supermarket or a spontaneous outing for pancakes, but otherwise our days remain the same. Ordinary, but special to us nonetheless.

I hope you are looking forward to your week, be it routine or extraordinary. 

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about finding the comfort in a routine, although I much prefer having a routine during the weekdays while Joe's away at work and i'm home alone. It kind of structures out the day a little. Mine normally starts with breakfast, checking up on email and eBay all morning, a working lunch to having an hour on a computer game. If it's quiet i'll have some time in the afternoon to cross stitch or be in the garden. Joe loves his routine of eating tea to Scrubs every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly, I like having a routine while S is off at work as it gives the day a more predictable flow. We leave the adventures for his days off :) I like the sound of your day, productive but relaxed too, just lovely! And who doesn't love a spot of Scrubs?

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!