Tuesday 28 April 2015

My Goals.


At the start of the year, every year, I write a list of goals that I aspire to accomplish in the next 12 months. As April is almost over and we're a third of the way through 2015 (whaaaaaaaaat) I thought I'd have a look at my list and see how far I've come.

Yikes. Not very far at all.

Okay, so I'm still a new Mum, I'm taking care of a tiny baby who I want to give all of my attention to, but I'm not really taking any time for myself. Yes, being a parent is a full-time job but it's also important to pursue my own interests and focus on the things I'm passionate about. As baby V grows older, I want her to see that her Mumma values taking care of herself and is active in her interests.

It's important to me that I make an effort to achieve my goals, not only for the sense of personal satisfaction (it's amazing to look back at the year and see what I've managed to do!) but also to instill good habits in myself, to remind myself that a little time taken to read a chapter or two or indulge in a movie is good for me.

So as of yet, I don't think I've been able to cross anything off of my list. But there is a whole bunch of time before the year ends and I'm going to strive to complete as many of my goals as possible!

Did you set yourself any goals for this year? How are you faring?

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. I think I forgot to even make goals this year!! Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm probably a bit nuts for making them but it's such a tradition I couldn't help myself!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!