Wednesday 27 November 2013

Polished.

I don't buy fashion magazines very often.  It's like they're from another world when I look through them; ladies wrapped in clothes I'd never dream of wearing, trends I'll never be able to pull off due to lack of funds/lack of correct body shape and make-up techniques I'll never master.  But sometimes, on a whim, I'll snare one and over a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits, I'll take a lazy half an hour to read through, some very indulgent me-time.

Sometimes, it isn't even the magazine itself that catches my eye; I am a sucker for a freebie.  Especially make-up freebies.  Because let's face it (no pun intended), make-up can be expensive.  So when I spotted November's 'Company' was giving away two nail polishes, I snapped it up.  And then I painted my nails.

Cara (coral-pink-y) and Alexa (mauve-y-grey)


I am not very good at painting my nails.  I once had someone mention how neat my nail polish was and had to confess, I usually get it all over my fingers and make a huge mess.  But thank goodness for cotton buds and nail polish remover!  Magic.


Since I usually just stick to one shade, I thought I'd go fancy and see how the two shades are supposed to compliment each other.  Because I have no technical nail art skills, the cool 'go faster stripe' I'd imagined didn't turn out quite as cool.  But the colours are pretty, so there's that!

Out of all the pamper-y, girly things, I really like painting my nails.  I don't wear a lot of make-up (or, more often than not, make a lot of effort) but jazzing up my nails cheers me up and makes me feel a bit more 'put together'.  And you can paint your nails any colour you like or change it every day if you want to, and I like that variety.  Choices make the world a prettier place!

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty colours indeed!

    I never paint my fingernails anymore though I am always careful to paint my toenails for some reason. I am super messy with painting my fingernails, probably because I'm so out of practice, and my right hand always looks afright! But I used to love painting them when I was growing up and somehow fell out of the habit? These look cute though nicely done!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J ^_^ I don't even remember the last time I painted my toenails, no one ever sees my feet so I don't bother. I'm the same with my right hand, it always looks terrible until I've fixed it with remover and q-tips.

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!