Thursday 28 November 2013

Give Thanks.


We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in England and I admit, I'm a little bit miffed that I won't get to celebrate it in America this year.  Our big holiday in England is Christmas and, in the same way that Christmas is about being with family, sparkly lights and presents, Thanksgiving seems to be about food.  While I know that there is great history and tradition behind it, I love that it's a holiday dedicated to family and eating delicious things.

Since I can't be a proper part of a traditional Thanksgiving this year, I thought I'd give thanks in my own little way, by wishing everyone a wonderful day and jotting down a few things that I'm feeling very thankful for.

♥ Friends who make Christmas happen early and the wonderfully thoughtful gifts they give;

{I've been wanting drawing markers for ages!  Woo!}

♥ Endless snuggles from the cutest kitties;


♥ Having the patience to complete my little crocheted throw and being super pleased with how it turned out;


♥ Being able to put my headphones on and escape into a world full of all my favourite music;


♥ Knowing that soon, I'll be back with S and planning our very first Christmas together (I saved the best one for last!)

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrate it, and a simply wonderful Thursday if you don't.

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. Cute markers and congrats on finishing your crochet throw it looks lovely!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J! Finally managed to get it all done - it's a little smaller than I'd have liked but I didn't have any more of the same wool, d'oh!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!