Friday 22 November 2013

It's Friday! #3

I can't quite believe another week has rolled around already.  One less spent at home, one closer to being back in New Jersey.  I'm so excited to go back but I feel like there is so much I need to do first!  I really should make a list.

This week started off with an awesome visit to one of my best friends in Brighton.  I spent the night there and we just hung out, ate junk food and laughed for hours and hours.  I had my very first cocktail in a bar ever (a White Russian) and felt terribly fancy.

My drink on the right, my friend's apple concoction on the left

We had our own little Christmas celebration and looked at all the pretty lights that were up in the town centre (which I completely forgot to take a single picture of, d'oh!) and it really got me into the Christmas spirit.  Christmas is my absolute favourite holiday of the year, I love everything about it!  I haven't been feeling very Christmassy so far this year, but I got my first little taste of it this week and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Christmas Tree Holiday Repurposed Upcycled Dictionary Art Vintage Book Print Recycled Vintage Dictionary Page Buy 2 Get 1 FREE
{Link}
This will be the first Christmas S and I have spent together and we've talked about getting a real tree, which I've never had before.  I imagine it'll smell scrumptious, though I've heard they can be messy if they shed!

Christmas Ornament Snowflakes Red & Green Set of 5
{Link}

I really love traditional Christmas colours and decorations.  I can't wait to have my apartment decked out in red and green with silvery tinsel and multi-coloured fairy lights!

Sterling Silver Whitetail Deer Antler Ring - Moon Raven Designs
{Link}

I don't wear a lot of jewellery most of the year, but I like to get a little dressed up and glitzy on Christmas day.  It would be especially nice to have something Christmassy to wear, like a gorgeous antler-style ring to remind me of Rudolph.

Merry Christmas Banner - Party Photo Prop -  Merry Christmas Sign - Merry Christmas Garland
{Link}

There's something really cosy and festive about handmade decorations, like the lovely banner above.  I'm not getting back to NJ until December 10th so I'll be cutting it a bit fine to get all my decorations up, but I hope I'll have time to make something pretty for our home.

Are you feeling Christmassy yet?  Have you started decorating?  What makes you feel like Christmas is on the way?  I hope you've got a wonderful weekend ahead!

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. great post!! Christmas is my favorite holiday too!
    oh and i love cocktails! :)
    you have a very interesting blog i followed you on GFC!
    have a nice day!
    xoxo Rose

    Bogibo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! Christmas is my favourite time of year ^_^ I'd love to know which cocktail you like the best!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!