Sunday 3 August 2014

My Favourite Month.


I am so jazzed that it's August.  While I can't quite believe we're already in the 8th month of 2014 (and that I'm only ten weeks away from being considered full-term in my pregnancy - whaaaaat), I absolutely love the fact that it's here and that we get 31 whole days of it.

I might be a little biased in my love of August because it's the month my birthday falls in, but it's my favourite for other reasons too!  As a child, I loved it because I never once had to go to school on my birthday.  The summer holidays would start in mid-July, ending in early September, which meant that the whole of August was away from school.  The whole month.  It didn't get much better than that.

Being in the northern hemisphere also means that August, for me, has always been a month of warmth and sunshine.  Not the potentially suffocating, cloying heat of July, but a much nicer, less oppressive string of days that mean not having to wear a jacket or cardigan and nights that are cool enough for comfortable sleep.

For me, August is the month of lazy afternoons spent reading in the garden, trips to the beach, eating fish and chips by the sea, soft vanilla cones from the ice cream van and long dresses.  More recently, it's grown to include taking early walks by the river, making at least one trip into NYC for some so-bad-for-you-it's-good street food and gallons of iced tea.  It's having the air conditioning on less and the windows open more.  And yes, it's a month of celebrations, of birthday cake and a new year ahead.  It's just a month full of awesome, really!

I hope you all are having a great, relaxing weekend and that you've got a wonderful week ahead of you.

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. I love August too! I think it's the long summer sunsets that really get me, and being excited about autumn, which is my favourite season. I hope your month is filled with all those lovely things! xx

    www.jessthetics.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like the sun takes forever to go down, it makes for some beautiful views ^_^ I love summer best of all but autumn is such a gorgeous season, I'm kinda excited to start wearing jumpers and cardigans again!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!