Monday 12 May 2014

Pearl Had A Haircut.

At almost six months old and looking like a scraggly old mop, S and I decided it was time for Pearl to have her very first grooming experience.  We've given her several baths, each more successful than the previous, so we thought that she wouldn't have a problem with getting a haircut and a nail trim and all that stuff.

We booked her an appointment for Saturday afternoon and I was a little stunned when they told us it'd take at least three hours to get her all prettified.  We moseyed off, getting some lunch and paying S' parents a visit before heading back to collect her and I swear, for a moment I thought they'd brought out the wrong dog.

Here she is before - notice the awesome filter-y thing to hide my horrible dusty floor (oh the shame!)


How she managed to see through all that hair is beyond me.  She was such a little bundle of fluff and I admit, when she trotted along I loved watching her little belly bounce from side to side.  But with the warmer weather here and the heat of the summer approaching, we knew that she'd be much happier with less layers.


Look at that face!  I'd almost forgotten what she looked like under all that hair!  She's got such bright, shiny eyes and I can't get over how long and skinny her legs are.  Her hair is maybe half an inch long now and I'm so glad knowing she'll be comfortable through the summer, with maybe just a trim to keep her coat short.


It's like having a whole new puppy to play with and let me tell you, she smells amazing.  I'm really pleased with how her first haircut went and the groomer told us she was really well behaved and they loved her!  What a cutie!

What did you get up to over the weekend?  Did you celebrate Mother's Day?  In England we celebrate in March so yesterday I just enjoyed the sunshine and ate carrot cake!  Yum!

Love, K.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, so freaking adorable! I have a short haired dog so don't get the experience of seeing such a drastic change. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was quite a surprise when she came out looking all tiny and totally different ^_^

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!