Thursday 1 May 2014

An Update.



The first four months of this year have positively flown by.  It feels the same every year, with every new month - I always find myself asking where the time has gone.  Since we're a third of the way through 2014 and easing steadily into warm weather and sunshine, I thought I'd do a little update regarding the goals I set myself all the way back in January.

It feels a little overwhelming when I look at them and see how small the dent is that I've made.  So far, I've read three books, made two new recipes and only completed one home craft.  Yikes.
My goal to exercise for three hours a week vanished from my radar completely until recently; now that Pearl has had all of her vaccinations, she goes out for walks twice a day and I'm easily getting three hours of brisk walking in per week.
Getting myself into a good skincare routine has been difficult, since I'm still trying to figure out which products work best with my skin.  But I'm getting there.
With what has been mostly horrible weather so far, we haven't been able to take any trips, whether to go on a little holiday or a visit to the beach or organising a concert to go to.  I know that as the weather improves we'll be able to accomplish these things, so they give me something to look forward to.
I thought I'd have finished 'Breaking Bad' by now, since I was so set on completing it at the start of the year.  I got caught up watching 'Bob's Burgers' and 'Boys Over Flowers' though, and since I have access to it all I really need to get cracking.
The thing I'm most disappointed with is not writing a single letter yet.  I'm not quite sure what's holding me back on getting out my pens and papers but I need to motivate myself to sit and write to someone.  I know how much a letter would brighten my day and I want to do that for someone else.

Knowing that a third of the year is over already needs to be my push to get my goals accomplished.  S and I had some news recently which put a lot of things on hold, since we needed some time to adjust and figure things out (I'll be telling you guys all about it soon) so now that we're focussed on our future I'll be able to really get stuck in and plough through these goals once and for all!

Did you set goals for yourself this year?  How are they going?  I know that posts have been few and far between lately but I definitely plan on posting more frequently now that things are a bit more settled here.

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you, I can't believe we're already 1/3 of the way through the year! So scary. It's awesome that you are getting to some of your goals and are refocusing on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how quickly the time rolls by, the older I get the faster it seems to fly! Fingers crossed I can squeeze my goals into the remaining months!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!