Tuesday 18 August 2015

Reflections.

{These guys are my best guys}

This time last year, I was in a bit of a funk. I was super pregnant and moving to a place I didn't really want to go to. Our first night in our new apartment was spent listening to fire engines roar along the main road and hosing the place down in roach spray. I woke up on the morning of my 26th birthday on my own, as S had the early shift, and waited for the cable guy to come and set us up. I made breakfast, walked the dog and had a little cry, wondering what on earth was going on with my life.

Things got better, much better, as they inevitably do. We had our beautiful little bub, moved from the noisy but convenient apartment to family-friendly suburbia and we were all happier. We still are. It's wonderful to look back and find ourselves in a much more positive place, with a future that is looking even brighter for us.

I'm grateful that tomorrow, when I wake up as a 27-year-old, I'm where I want to be. I'll have a hundred snuggles with V, who will no doubt want to wriggle away and adventure. I'll wake up with S, who has the day off. I'll get puppy kisses from my favourite pooch, eat mac and cheese and cake and be content. I won't forget what things were like this time last year, which simultaneously feels so recent and so distant. I won't forget all the memories we've crammed into these 365 days, both the good and not-so-good. I'll look forward to the next year, the start of a new challenge for myself and another million memories to make.

Here's to year 28 and everything it brings!

Love, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!