Saturday 8 August 2015

A Day At The Park.


It was one of those outings that started out rough and got a million times better. We packed our whole family into the car with plenty of snacks, water, toys and a baby on the verge of napping. We were foolishly optimistic, thinking we could pop into the city, grab some lunch and make it back to Liberty State Park while V slept, waking refreshed and ready to play. She fought sleep the entire journey, wailing as we drove back into NJ. We made a stop at a park close by, thinking we could change our plans a little, only to be met with a 'No Dogs On The Grass' sign. I huffed back to the car, put grumpy V back into her car seat and considered calling it a day and heading home.

Then V fell asleep. Peace enveloped us. We regrouped, headed for our original destination and had the best afternoon. It's rare that we get these little pockets of time just to spend relaxing and hanging out as a family, due to work commitments and other gumph like appointments, laundry and grocery shopping. We made the most of it and it was awesome.





So, V hates the feeling of grass on her feet. She braved it in an awkward dash from the blanket to my lap and decided, rather vocally, that she wouldn't be put back down! We ran around with Pearl until she was tuckered out, watched her chase butterflies and lounge in the shade. We had so many snuggles, enjoying the breeze ruffling our hair and took an epic family selfie.






 I should add that I didn't realise V had stuffed her hand down my shirt until I looked back at the pictures. But I love this photo, of all of us. Our little family, which I'm so proud to be a part of, which I utterly adore. 

I can't wait for so many more days spent like this, with these pictures and memories and that happy, exhausted feeling as the day draws to a close. My favourite kind of day.

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. Aw that last photograph is lovely - what a cute family you have! Your dog looks a right character too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Pearl is proper cheeky but soft as butter and she's so good with V too :)

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!