Thursday 30 July 2015

About Them Goals.


I like to think I'm a pretty focussed person, particularly when it comes to things that are important to me. Writing a list of goals has been a January ritual for the last ten years and an important one, too; it gave me something to strive for, something to look back on come December and something that, in moments when everything got hectic or stressful, gave me focus.

This January just passed, two months after becoming a Mum, preparing for a move to a new apartment, I still wrote those goals with the hope that I could find a moment here or there to push my way through them. I look at that list with August just around the corner and I realise that achieving them all just ain't gonna happen, not this year. And I'm okay with that.

It would be easy to beat myself up over not retaining that focus this year. But when I look at how I've spent my time and where my attention has been instead, I have to cut myself some slack; it's going to take a moment or two for me to get up to speed again and I have to wait a little while longer for that moment, that focus, to return. It doesn't hurt, however, to give myself a little nudge in the right direction.

I turn 27 this year. That means I've got three more years until I hit the big three-oh and you know, I've always fancied doing one of those '30 before 30' things. So on my birthday, I'll be starting a new challenge and tucking my '10 Things' away. I'm excited, taking time to really think about what I'd like to accomplish, for myself and for my little family. Having three years to complete it takes the pressure off a little, too!

Here's to the end of July, to the start of August and to some serious thinking, planning and awesomeness!

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I was looking through my 30 before 30 (which I turn next year eek) and I was thinking if I was writing that list today, my goals would be so much different. Sometimes I wonder if it's just better to just go with the flow rather than having things to tick off. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point for me to think about - I'm sure there will be things I add to my list now that won't have the same meaning for me in three years. At the same time, I'm looking forward to seeing how I change and how things are different for us in the future!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!