Tuesday 24 March 2015

The Days Fly By.

One of the challenges to myself for this year was to write one blog post per week - oops!  With a myriad of other things to do, my poor blog has inadvertently taken a back seat.  Not to mention that said myriad of things is mostly baby stuff and/or housework, and while I could gab on for days about baby V, it doesn't make for especially interesting blog posts.

While I have been neglectful of my internet home, I have been taking lots of pictures and working on some of my other goals for the year, such as trying new dinner recipes and making a chore chart.  I thought I'd do a little catch-up photo post and hope that it pushes me to make a smidge more time for the blog!


I cooked pork chops and it made me feel like a grown up; chops with mashed potatoes and veg is the kind of dinner my Mum makes (which I really didn't like as a child) and now it's one that I make, too.  It's something I had never made by myself before and I was so pleased with how it turned out.  I'm a proper adult now!


She fell asleep holding my finger.  While she's growing all the time and getting bigger every day, sometimes it still catches me that she's just so tiny, with her little fingers and toes and her teeny nails.


Have you ever had one of these?  It was an impulse buy as we stood at the till and it was sinfully good.  Definitely a new favourite!


We went out to a restaurant for the first time since baby V was born and she was such a star!  As you can see, she spent most of the time eating her own hand and looking adorable in dungarees.


I also made avocado, tomato and cucumber sandwiches with red pepper mayo, a garlic chicken pasta dish with carrots, sweetcorn and asparagus and tortilla pizzas!  I've really been enjoying experimenting with savoury dishes, though I really want to get baking again.  Cookies are calling my name!

As per, lots of food and lots of baby; I really can't complain!  I hope that the last few weeks have been awesome for you too!

Love, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!