Saturday 12 July 2014

Atlantic City.


As you can see, we picked just the right time to take our trip!  It rained a ton while we were in AC but that's not to say we didn't also have a ton of fun!

This was the view from our hotel room window -


It really was so lovely, seeing all the little boats docked in the marina.  When it wasn't raining, we made the most of it by heading down to the boardwalk and soaking in the little bit of sunshine we had.



I know that seagulls are considered a bit of a pest on the beach, especially if you have food, but I couldn't resist getting a couple of pictures of these little guys pottering about in the sand.

Of course, no trip to AC would be complete without a little bit of gambling (thank goodness for free slot play) and on our second day, S hit a (little) jackpot and won some birthday money!


It really was a fun time had by all and even though everyone else was getting very merry on the complimentary drinks, I didn't feel left out - I spent my evenings drinking virgin pina coladas topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries.  Delicious!


It was a relaxing yet tiring couple of days, since we were up late and doing lots of walking (which isn't so good for me and my bad back!).  I know that S enjoyed himself and I'm glad he had such a good birthday, if only getting older was always as much fun as that!

We were glad to get back home to our puppy when the trip was over and Pearl was pretty chuffed that we came home too and that we hadn't abandoned her!  Now we're going to have an easy weekend with lots of warm weather and watching the World Cup come to a close - who do you think will win the big game on Sunday?

Love, K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!