Monday 15 September 2014

Tiny Little Hats.


I haven't crocheted in the longest time.  It feels like an age since I last settled in for an evening of crafting, mostly because I've been too lazy to dig out my hooks and wool from the cupboard.  Since we moved, and I handily knew where everything was located, I decided that Saturday night would be a great time to cuddle up with my pup, watch a movie and try to remember how to crochet.


Luckily, I recalled enough to whip up a couple of hats for the little bean.  I'm so pleased with how neatly they turned out, considering I'm a little rusty!  In a weird way, making these hats gave me a big reality hit; I feel her moving every day, I go to doctor's appointments and I see my tummy growing, but it was sitting and creating something for my baby to wear that brought it home for me.  One day, in the not too distant future, I'll be able to slip these little hats onto her head when we get ready to go out.  That's crazy.


I really enjoyed taking it easy for a couple of hours while I watched 'Snow White and The Huntsman' and Pearl snoozed on the sofa.  I see a trip to Michael's in the near future to pick up some super soft yarn and attempt a little something else for the bean.

Have you been creating lately?  I hope you had a fantastic weekend and you've got an awesome week ahead!

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kate I just popped by for the first time since Spring, I have been off Blogger altogether for a few months, only to discover you've moved and are expecting!!! Congrats!!! The hats are super cute, best wishes on the last few weeks of your pregnancy and on your daughter's arrival!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely to see you! I wondered where you'd gone ^_^ Thank you so much for your kind wishes, it's been a busy few months and we're very excited for everything that's (quickly!) approaching! Hope to see you around again soon!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!