Monday 7 October 2013

Yikes.

The first thing S says to me when I wake up this morning is "There's a tornado warning in effect until 5pm!"

Say what?

A tornado warning?  I check the ever-reliable weather.com and yep, there it is.  Tornado warning.


Not only that, but for most of the day so far it's decided to bucket it down with rain.  All my laundry plans have been foiled!  So, after discussing what I should do if a tornado decides to appear (get to the basement, stat!), S went off to work and I thought that a blustery, rainy day was the perfect kind of day to settle in with two of my very favourite things; iced tea and crocheting.



I've been working on this throw on and off for a couple of weeks and it's finally starting to take shape.  My intention is for it to be a big, round, snuggly blanket of awesome that we can put on our bed in the winter months to keep us extra toasty when it finally gets cold.  It's just a series of double crochets (the English version) with increases in each row, the increases coming every x stitch depending on which row your on (i.e., if you're on row ten, you increase every eleventh stitch, row eleven every twelfth.  Pretty simple, eh?).  And I'm interspersing my crocheting with another of my favourite things; lunch.


We went out with S's parents to iHop for dinner last night and I couldn't finish my meal, so I brought it home for lunch today!  It's a spinach, roasted red pepper and cheese sandwich with egg on sourdough bread.  Delicious.

I'm sitting tight, waiting for the potential tornado and I'm feeling pretty cosy.  Fingers crossed nothing touches down!

I hope your Monday is treating you well, with less potentially terrifying weather than mine!

Love, K.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear Kate! Hope that you got to the end of your day with no tornado, stay safe!

    Pretty colours in your crochet throw and I, too, love some Arizona Iced Tea but I usually go for the lemon one!

    Happy Monday!

    - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were absolutely no tornadoes but there was a pretty hefty storm and a beautiful sky after ^_^ All good!

      Iced tea is so delicious, I'd only ever had hot tea before I came to America but I've fallen in love with it!

      Delete

I love hearing what you think ^_^ Thank you for your comment!